Friday, March 30, 2012

Summer???

It's not summer yet, but it sure felt like it last week!  I definitely could have gone for an overnight or two, if it hadn't been so cold at night, lol.  Oh yeah...and if the campground was open, lol!  The camping bug was awoken with last week's nice weather, especially since the last two trips last summer were cut short (grrr): one by Irene (campground closed), and the other because it was too cold for me, lol.

I am going to try to do some organizing of the camping "schtuff" in the garage in the next few weeks or so.  My best friend, JEM, moved to Utah a few weeks ago, and one of the items she did not take with her were some metal shelves (like baker's use).  I have a set of black ones in the garage already that house a bunch of camping stuff, but am excited to have another set!  I love to have everything organized and ready-to-go to toss in the car.  I'm pretty happy that in 30 minutes the car can be all packed up for a camping trip (with the exception of my clothes, lol).

I'd like to try some different campgrounds this summer, but keep going back to the same ol' familiar one.  There are a few in Connecticut that sound good, but the out-of-state overnight fee seems crazy to me ($28) when I can pay $12/nt here in Mass.  There's something to be said for familiarity though, lol. 

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment