Thursday, June 10, 2010

An Introduction

Where to start............. As the title of the blog suggests, I'm female, and I tent camp.  I started a blog a few months ago about my cake decorating hobby, and enjoy it so much, I thought with summer coming up I'd start one about camping.

A little background to start:
I grew up camping.  In fact, I went camping before I was born :D (god love my mother for camping at 6mths pregnant).  My parents camped before I or my brother were born.  Once we were born, they continued camping, albeit with a lot more 'schtuff' since we all know infants and toddlers require!  The extra work did not deter them, and for that I am eternally grateful.  As a family, we camped for two consecutive weeks every summer, usually in the vicinity of an amusement park.  We were, and I still am, an amusement park fiend.  My friend Jen and I get season passes to our local Six Flags park every summer, and make very good use of them!

We started out camping in a canvas cabin-style tent.  I don't actually remember those days, though I have seen pictures of the campsite.  I'll post some if I can get them scanned into my computer!  We then graduated to a pop-up camper with an attached screenhouse.  This is what we camped in during my childhood.

When I started camping on my own with friends, it was a tent that I bought.  That was 18 years ago, and I love it more than I did as a kid!  To save you the trouble of trying to figure it out, I'm 35, and started camping on my own shortly after graduating from high school.

I look back on those early days and wonder how we did it, lol.  I own so much camping schtuff now, that it's amazing how little I brought back then.  I do pair it down (somewhat) for just a weekend, but for a trip that is 3+days I bring it all.  It just makes it that much nicer, and really isn't all that much work.  I would post pics if I had them, but I never seem to remember to take pictures camping, despite bringing the camera on every trip :|  I am heading out for 10days the middle of July, and will try to take some pictures then.

The ultimate authority in camping....... www.coleman.com    (at least in my opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment