Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Glorious Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all my faithful readers!!!!!!!!!

I have wonderful, stupendous news!!!!!!!!!!!

It was finally nice more than one day in a row (I know - what a shock!).........and I was FINALLY able to play with my new tent!!!!!!!!!!

O. M. G. it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, Muffin, has a pretty good sized back yard.  It's also her kids that I am most likely taking camping this summer (the teenager claims he doesn't want to go, but I'm pretty sure he'll change his mind).  Since they do not go camping all that much, I felt it was necessary to make sure that they were capable of helping me set up the tent (I can't do it alone, it's too tall for me to get the rain fly over it).  It's also a good idea to set up a tent in the backyard first, so you know what you're doing and not trying to figure it out when you're hot and sweaty and tired, lol.

So....we took the tent out to her backyard and carefully unpacked the bag.  My intention was to take a picture of each step of setting up the tent, however, it was all set up before I realized I forgot to take pictures, lol.  We did learn a few things while setting it up.  The footprint should be clipped onto the rings of the tent before the poles get put in, it's too difficult to do it afterwards.  Also, one of the poles in the rain-fly needs to be put in before the rain-fly is on the tent. 

Here is the tent fully set up:

This is the side of the tent, the screen house doors and side covering are unzipped.  The tent door is also open, and the footprint is not attached to the tent itself.


The other side of the tent, with everything closed up.  The tent is also not staked down, since this was just a trial run.  You can see the footprint peaking out from the screen house - it will not be that way when set up properly.


This is the front of the screen house, looking into the tent.


Standing in the screen house, looking into the tent.  There is a door in the back of the tent!!!!  The tent floor is not taught, since it's not staked down.


Another view looking from the screen house into the tent.  The rain fly covering on the back of the tent is unzipped.  It rolls up to provide additional coverage over the door.


This is the ceiling.  This tent is tall inside!!!!


I was a little concerned when I ordered the tent about the sleeping dimensions, but it looked like it would fit three air mattresses side by side in the actual tent portion.  It will be a little cozy, but they will fit.  I think my estimate of 10x10 might be pretty accurate.  I didn't think to measure it while it was set up, lol.

I can't wait to take it camping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It came with plastic stakes....so I am planning on swapping them for the titanium ones that I have.  I just don't like plastic stakes, even if they DO say LLBean on them.

~Chelle




No comments:

Post a Comment