Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day!

The "unofficial" start to summer......and for most up here in New England, the start of the camping season.

Since I don't camp where there is electricity and wi-fi, it should be obvious that I'm not camping this weekend.  Why is that you might ask?  Firstly, I'd have had to make reservations months ago to get a site, but mostly because there are just too many people who left their brains at home, and generally acting stupidly and idiotically - neither of which I have a lot of patience for, lol.  It also urks me when people don't follow the campground rules, but I am working to look past that and not let it spoil my trip.  I have camped on holiday weekends, but Memorial Day seems to be the worst. 

One year, I got a site over the 4th of July weekend and had a cookout.  There were about 12 people plus my dog.  We had a great time, and took the kids swimming in the afternoon.   I've also camped over Labor Weekend up in NH.  It was a great weekend, and people were all in a good mood, blowing off some steam since it was the 'end' of summer, and the last trip for most people (myself included).  It just gets too cold to tent camp up here much after Labor Day.


~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment